- Dish type
- Dessert sauces
- Toffee sauce
A scoop of vanilla ice cream, barbecued pineapple and a sweet and creamy butterscotch sauce makes a wonderful dessert. Canned pineapple can be used when fresh pineapple isn't in season.
3 people made this
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 fresh pineapples - peeled, cored, and cut into 6 spears
- Butterscotch sauce
- 120g butter
- 150g soft brown sugar
- 120ml whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- To serve
- 400g vanilla ice cream
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:25min ›Ready in:35min
- Preheat barbecue for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Heat 6 tablespoons butter, granulated sugar and nutmeg in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Brush pineapple spears with butter mixture.
- Arrange pineapple on preheated barbecue and cover; cook until lightly browned, turning occasionally, 7 to 10 minutes. Transfer pineapple to a platter.
- Melt 120g butter in another saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and cream. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract and salt. Serve pineapple topped with butterscotch sauce and ice cream.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(1)
Reviews in English (1)
Massive disappointment! Too greasy, too sweet and the nutmeg didn't work well with the rest.-12 Aug 2017