I got back to the Crock-Pot slow cooker, the "miracle" pot. During the week when I don't have time to stay in the kitchen, it helps me a lot.
And this time I put her to work and as usual she did an excellent job.
I put some turkey meat in it, from the country, and when I got home the steak was ready and the house smelled of fresh and tasty food.
- turkey meat (I used a leg and a wing)
- half a lemon
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tomatoes
- 100 ml white wine
Preparation time: over 120 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Crock-Pot slow cooker flavored turkey steak:
Squeeze the lemon in a small bowl and mix with salt and pepper.
Grease the meat with this mixture and place it in the Crock-Pot slow cooker bowl.
We cut the onion into larger pieces, the pepper into strips and we crush the garlic.
We have to peel the tomato and cut it into large pieces.
Place the vegetables in the dish.
Pour the white wine and turn on the slow cooker on low temperature for 4 hours.
If after this time the meat is not cooked, the time can be increased.
Method of preparation
The skin of the thighs is pricked everywhere with a needle, then the duck thighs are rubbed well with the mixture of salt, spices and gin. In a bowl put the sliced garlic and bay leaves, and put the duck legs on top. Cover tightly and leave in the refrigerator overnight.
The next day, put the garlic and bay leaves in a Crock Pot. Put the duck legs on them (from which part of the aromatic salt was shaken). Leave at low temperature for 4-5 hours, until the meat is soft.
To give them a pleasant appearance, the duck legs are placed in an empty pan and their skin is golden. The same effect can be obtained in the oven.
Clean the mushrooms, wash them well and cut them into pieces. Chop the garlic and finely chopped green onion. Heat the oil.
Beans with smoked sausages at Crock-Pot slow cooker
Peel the vegetables, finely chop the onion, and slice the carrot into thin slices. In the vessel
Cooked turkey flavored with five spices, baked
Clean the skins of the skin and cut them to the bone, all around, in a few places.
Wash the necks well, drain them and then wipe them with absorbent napkins.
Heat the lard / oil in a saucepan / fry and fry the pieces until well browned on all sides.
** The pan used to be large enough to cover the meat in a single layer and to be able to go in the oven.
Remove the necks in another bowl.
Put the pan / greased bacon back on the heat, add the grated ginger, the crushed garlic and the finely chopped hot pepper / hot pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute, until they start to smell nice, stirring constantly.
Pour the soy sauce in which you dissolved the sugar and five spices (5 Chinese flavors).
Bring to the boil and leave on the fire for another 1 minute, during which time peel the remaining deposits from the bottom and walls of the pot after frying the meat.
Put the necks back in the bowl and immediately pour the soup / water (just enough to reach half of the pieces of meat) and bring back to the boil.
Cover the bowl with a lid that closes well or with aluminum foil and bake in the hot oven for about 3 hours at 150 degrees, or until the sauce is low and the meat comes off the bone.
Turn the meat every hour to boil evenly and make sure to cover the bowl as tightly as possible each time.
** After the first hour you will not see much changed, the sauce is still liquid.
After the second hour the sauce is darker in color and has decreased a bit.
After the third hour, the sauce is very low, reddish, and the meat comes off the bone easily.
Remove the pan from the oven and tilt it.
With a spoon, gather as much fat as you can from the top and throw it away, without taking the brown sauce.
Taste the sauce and add the vinegar just enough to balance its sweet taste (more or less than the specified amount, according to your preference - I put ½ tablespoon of rice vinegar).
Put the pan on the stove and cook over medium heat until the sauce is reduced and looks like a caramel sauce, and the pieces of meat become shiny (about 2-3 min).
During this time, constantly turn the pieces of meat to cover all parts of the sauce.
Serve the caramelized turkey necks with a rice with sesame, steamed green vegetables and sprinkle with sauce.
The turkey neck is not valued at its true value (not in our urban culture). Too bad, yes, it's not too late to change the situation in our favor.
But those who will prepare it in this "more Asian" version and if it is cooked properly, will discover a sweet, tender and flavorful meat - five times flavored.
For this recipe use the thickest and fleshy parts of the turkey neck (for those who do not prefer turkey necks you can make the recipe with meaty pork ribs).
And now to return a little to the "more Asian" version.
As you well know in China, cinnamon (cassia) is an essential ingredient in the famous mixture of spices "5 flavors" and is widely used in many traditional dishes. Along with other spices, cinnamon plays a key role in some Chinese cooking techniques that use a greater amount of liquid.
The best known are "red cooking" or stewed red cooking (hongshao) and "cooking in sauce" (shui lu).
"Cooking red" (process used in this recipe) means simmering meat, in a mixture of soy sauce and spices, over low heat for a long time.
In general, the base liquid in which it is cooked consists of soy sauce, soy paste, sugar and rice wine, seasoned with ginger, onion, garlic and various spices powder, most often cinnamon, star anise, pepper and licorice. . Boil pieces of meat in this liquid.
Through this method of "cooking red" the meat acquires a dark, red-brown shade and a beautiful caramelized and glossy appearance.
The cooking method is extremely simple and efficient.
Method of preparation
I must tell you about this recipe that it is very fragrant and slightly spicy. Do you know Speculoos biscuits? If so, I'll tell you they taste the same!
Tip: for a stronger apple flavor, we recommend halving the amount of spices.
We peel the apples and the stalks, cut them into bigger cubes and put them in the pot.
Add the sugar and all the spices and mix them well, complete with water.
We put the lid on and set the time to 11 hours on LOW.
When it is ready, take out the apple pieces and blend them. If the jam comes out too thick we can add 1-2 tablespoons of the remaining juice.
Put the cold jam in jars and store them in the refrigerator.
Apple cake filled with quince jam in slow cooker Crock-Pot 4.7 L
Peel the apples, carefully remove the stalks and place them in the slow cooker bowl.
Ingredients neck slices in the oven & # 8211 glazed
- 4 healthy slices of neck, about 200-250 grams / piece (if one has a bigger appetite, you can count 1 extra slice)
- salt, pepper, sweet paprika
- 1 small onion (30-40 grams), chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 100 ml. of dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons ketchup or rosehip jam or red currant jam
- 2 large cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- optional: ground coriander seeds or other spice we prefer with pork
How to prepare the neck slices in the oven & # 8211 glazed
1. Slices of neck, 2-3 centimeters thick, are removed from the refrigerator 1 hour before starting cooking, to return to ambient temperature. Season on both sides with salt, pepper and sweet paprika.
Preparation of sweet-spicy icing / sauce
2. As long as the neck slices taste good, we have enough time to prepare the icing. The principle of glazes for roasting roasts is that they must contain salty, sour and sweet ingredients at the same time. This helps not only to obtain a reddish and sticky crust, but also a complex and balanced taste. The first step will be to heat the olive oil in a pan and sauté the chopped onion over low heat, adding 1 pinch of salt and 1 clove of crushed garlic from the beginning. Stir frequently and simmer for about 8-10 minutes, until the onion is soft without burning. If necessary, add 1 tablespoon of hot water, if it seems to remain on land before it is well hardened.
3. When the onion has softened, add the dry wine, mustard, ketchup or jam (I put rosehip jam) and worchestershire sauce to the steak glaze. Stir and boil for 4-5 minutes, adding a little hot water if necessary.
4. When the icing for the neck slices is ready, if we pull the spoon through the pan, a well-defined line will be formed. Finally, turn off the heat and add the remaining clove of garlic, spices to taste and season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
5. We keep 4 tablespoons of the sauce obtained aside and transfer the rest to a saucepan or bowl, we can serve it with the slices of neck, it will be delicious. If we prefer, we can pass the sauce through a sieve or with a blender, for a very fine texture.
Cooking the neck in the oven
6. Turn on the oven and set it at 190 ° C, with ventilation. Heat a non-stick pan or a grill over medium-high heat over a low heat and quickly brown the slices on the back of both sides. 1-2 minutes on each side should be enough, we do not aim to cook the meat in this phase, only to have obvious traces of browning.
7. Remove the neck slices directly into the oven tray, lined with baking paper. With a spoon, distribute the 4 tablespoons of icing kept aside. With the back of the spoon, grease the neck slices with glaze on the entire surface.
8. Put the tray with the slices of neck in the preheated oven at 190 ° C, with ventilation, for 20-25 minutes. During this time, they will penetrate perfectly and the glaze will caramelize pleasantly. If you have problems with browning, in the oven you use, you can use the grill function, at the end, until it looks appetizing.
Remove the pork neck slices on a plate and let them rest for 10-15 minutes. Serve hot steak, along with your favorite garnish and necessarily a little of the preserved flavored sauce (see point 5).
These fragrant and glazed neck slices fit perfectly with baked potatoes but also with other kinds of garnishes. For more pork recipes, click on the picture below.
More beef recipes you might enjoy:
- 1-1 / 2 lbs steak top loin, sliced very thin
- kosher salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced or cut
- 1 very large tomato or 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced or cut
- boiled rice and fried eggs, optional for serving
- Season the steak with 1 teaspoon of salt and garlic powder.
- Heat a large skillet until VERY HOT.
- Add 2 teaspoons of oil then half of the steak and cook for less than a minute on each side until golden brown.
- Set the steak aside, add another teaspoon of oil and cook the remaining steak. Put aside.
- Reduce heat to medium, add another teaspoon of oil and add onion.
- Cook for 2 minutes, until soft, then add the tomatoes.
- Season with more salt, to taste, about 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon. Add black pepper and cumin and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and boil for a few minutes to create a sauce, add more water if necessary and adjust the taste of the spice as needed.
- Turn the steak in the pan together with the drops, combine it well and remove from the heat.
- Serve over rice or vegetable rice for a low-carb option, topped with a sunny egg.
NutritionServing: 4 oz steak with tomato sauce + red onion, Calories: 188 kcal, Carbohydrates: 3 g, Protein: 25.2 g, Fat: 7.2 g, Saturated fat: 0.5 g, Sodium: 49 mg, Fiber: 0.7 g Blue Smart Points: 4 Green Smart Points: 4 Purple Smart Points: 5 + Points: 4 Keywords: Steak Meat, Colombian Steak, Spanish Steak Recipes, Steak and Tomatoes, Tomato and Onion Steak 4 PP 4 SP 4 SP 5 SP Beef Recipes Clean Food Dinner Recipes Latin Recipes Recipes Under 10 USD posted January 10, 2021 of Gina 147 Comments / Leave a comment '
Roast turkey legs in the oven with garlic flavored butter
Roast turkey legs in the oven with garlic flavored butter. How to make turkey in the oven? Roast red and tender turkey legs with garlic, lemon and butter. Turkey recipes. Steak recipes. Recipes with turkey legs.
The other day I found some lower turkey legs. I'm going for a steak! I didn't have time brine (brine & # 8211 see recipe here) to fry them for a few hours so I decided to grease them well with butter under the skin so as to obtain a tender, fragrant and juicy meat. Inspired by Kiev chicken recipe (see recipe here) I made a spicy butter cream, this time using grated lemon peel in addition to garlic and changing the green parsley with dill. Mmmm & # 8230 what fresh flavors!
Bridge: this flavored butter can freeze & # 8211 see here how they do it (keep in the freezer and use for grilled steaks, steaks, etc.).
Baked turkey legs with this fragrant butter come out incredibly tender and tasty! The flesh remains pink and soft and the skin becomes reddish and crunchy. Dreamlike!
What garnish goes next to a juicy steak? Mashed potatoes I was answered in chorus at home. Okay, I'll make you puree. I removed the potatoes from the grill for some time, replacing them with rice, vegetable sauces, etc. So I said to please them, if I still rarely do them. Of course I slammed it together assorted salad full of greens and vitamins.
I recommend another recipe for baked turkey legs with golden potatoes baked directly in the tray & # 8211 see here.
From the quantities below it results approx. 3-4 servings of roast turkey meat in the oven (depending on their size).
Method of preparation
Peel an onion, finely chop and fry in olive oil.
Finely chop the peppers and eggplant. Finely chop the tomatoes in the broth.
In the Crock-Pot slow cooker bowl, put the eggplant, pepper, onion, kapia pepper paste, tomatoes in broth and season with salt, pepper, smoked paprika, bay leaf and a little dried thyme.
Mix well and start the Crock Pot on the High function for 4 hours. Halfway through, mix well and rotate the slow cooker on the opposite side.
When ready, put the zacusca in sterilized jars and place on the lid.
After the jars cool, return to normal and store in a cool place.