- Dish type
- Seafood starters
- Fish starters
- Salmon starters
- Smoked salmon starters
The salmon roll only takes few minutes to make but it needs a few hours in the freezer so it's hardened enough to cut into slices. This means it is an ideal starter to make ahead for a dinner party.
1 person made this
- 2 (120g) packets smoked salmon
- 200g cream cheese with herbs and garlic, softened
- 50g butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon soured cream
- minced garlic (optional)
- minced fresh dill, to taste
- 1 loaf fresh baguette
- butter, softened, for spreading
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:40min
- In a bowl, stir cream cheese, butter and soured cream until creamy. Add minced garlic and dill to taste.
- Place the salmon slices on cling wrap in a single layer but slightly overlapping, forming a square. Spread with the cheese mixture and gently roll it up. Place in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
- Slice baguette and spread with butter. Let salmon roll thaw slightly, then cut into thin slices and place a slice on each baguette. Let thaw for a few minutes and serve.